Monday, November 12, 2012

I Think, Therefore I Blog



I think it is time for me to start another blog and I am calling it Cogito Ergo Summers.  (At least my niece, the philosophy major, will get the joke).  

This is not new territory for me.  I used to have a blog, but I stopped keeping it up when I went back to grad-school more than four years ago.  I just didn’t have the time to keep it up.  And quite frankly, my previous blog just wasn’t that interesting. That was mainly because the subject matter was all over the place and the topics presented didn’t really lend themselves to any sort of dialog.

I plan to give this new blog a slightly more coherent focus.  I want to create a place where I can present my reflections about current events, politics, and social issues; sparking a good conversation along the way.  If I have set this site up correctly, you should be able to share your points of view as well. I really would like to hear what others have to say in response to my viewpoints.

Of course, I do not want this blog to be so serious that it turns people off. (I recognize that sometimes my interests can be a little lackluster.  I mean, not many of my friends have a penchant for watching CSPAN3 on the weekends and reading history books for recreation).  Therefore, I also plan to occasionally share my views on less weighty matters such as television, movies, and music.  Hopefully, I will keep this blog entertaining enough that you will participate with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How about a dialog? Let me know what is on your mind.